Bridging the gap between the BAME and LGBT+ communities
IBM 76/78 Upper Ground, Lambeth, London SE1 9PZ
30th November 2017 - 6pm
This event will provide a safe space to have an open and honest discussion about the myths and stereotypes that exist about both the LGBT+ and ethnic minority communities and how responses to these stereotypes may be causing rifts between the two groups.
- Myth busting about the BAME and LGBT+ communities
- Encouraging allyship between the two communities
- Intersectional identities. What about people who are BAME and LGBT+?
- Strengthening organisational progress in these areas by driving better relationships between minority groups
By the end of the session, attendees will be able to:
- Articulate why BAME and LGBT+ people need to be allies for each other
- Understand how multiple identity classifications can impact on people who belong to different groups
- Make realistic suggestions for how allyship and cooperation can drive the inclusion agenda in their organisation
This event is open to OUTstanding and EMpower members.
RSVP for this event here.