2018 nominations are now open!
Why are the FT and HERoes Role Models important?
Our boardrooms are lacking in gender diversity, and the absence of female representation has an impact at all levels of an organisation. The presence of strong, female role models across all sectors and industries is essential to develop a pool of diverse rising talent.
- Women still earn 18% less than their male colleagues
- There are still only seven female CEOs in the FTSE 100
- Men are still 40% more likely to be promoted to senior management roles, over their female colleagues
What are the FT and HERoes Role Models?
The FT and HERoes Champions of Women in Business are a powerful celebration of the fantastic strides being made in gender diversity around the world. They are published annually by the Financial Times, showcasing female business leaders and their male allies.
There are three categories in which you can nominate a role model for the FT and HERoes lists:
- 100 Female Executives
In this category, FT and HERoes will celebrate 100 senior female role models who are helping to increase gender diversity in the workplace. Nominees for this category will be successful senior female executives working 1-3 levels from the chief executive.
- 50 Male Executives
In this category, FT and HERoes will recognise 50 male senior leaders, who work 1-3 levels from the CEO and are making a significant contribution to gender diversity and the promotion of women to senior business roles.
- 50 Female Future Leaders
In this category, FT and HERoes present 50 inspirational Female Future Leaders. Role Models who work at all levels of an organisation and are making a significant contribution to gender diversity wherever they are placed in the company.
How does it work?
- Nominations are submitted via the nominations page
- Nominees are contacted for their supporting information
- Nominations are scored by the HERoes Team
- Ranking will be sent to the judging panel for secondary scoring and ratification
- Successful nominees will be informed in the weeks leading up to publication of the FT supplement
- The FT and HERoes Champions of Women in Business 2018 are published on Thursday 20th September in the Financial Times
- Thursday 8th March – Nominations open
- Friday 4th May – Nominations close
- Friday 25th May – Final deadline for supporting information
- Thursday 26th June – Judging/ranking finalised
- Friday 6th July – Deadline to remove yourself from the process
- Thursday 20th September – Publication & celebration of the lists
The FT and HERoes nominees will be judged according to four criteria:
- Activities undertaken internally to champion women in business
- Activities a nominee is involved with outside of the workplace that help to champion women in business
- Recent business awards and promotions (within the last 3 years)
- Seniority and influence in the business
We will also require a testimonial for each nominee, which will be marked alongside these questions.
Each criterion will be scored out of 10, with each nominee receiving a potential overall total of 50.
Future Leader nominees will only be required to answer questions 1-3, with each receiving a potential overall total of 40.